Sunday, March 10, 2013

Chapters 4 and 5



Radley's Tree

I am now out of school since it is summer vacation. The school year felt like it went by very slow, everyday is practically the same. Except for one particular day when I was walking rapidly past the Radley's house like I usually do but then something caught my eye. It was a tinfoil sticking out of a knot hole one of the Radley's oak tree. My curiosity got the best of me and I reached in it and found out it was two pieces of chewing gum! I told Jem about this when he got home and he just got worried about me chewing both pieces and made me spit them out. On the last day of school though Jem and I were walking home together and we passed the hole in the tree. This time  found two Indian head pennies. Jem told me that they were really old and give good luck. We decided to keep them.
Dill, Jem and I.





In other news Dill is came back to Maycomb. We started this new game called "Boo Radley". Basically we just act out the roles of the Radley family members. Miss Maudie, one of my neighbors, told me some things about Boo Radley. She said that he had a harsh father, but was polite and friendly when he was a kid though she thinks that he is probably crazy now. Later on, I found out that Dill and Jem wrote a note to Boo asking him if he wanted to get some ice cream with them. They made me keep watch with Dill while Jem tried to get the note through one of the windows. Atticus caught us in the act though and told us to stop bothering Boo, and that was that.

No comments:

Post a Comment