Sunday, March 10, 2013

Chapter 3

Burris Ewell
Today was another wonderful day at school! Not really. A tiny bug crawled out of Burris Ewell's hair. Miss Caroline started to freak out over this and tell Burris to go home and not to return until he has taken a bath. Little does she know that all the Ewell family are very poor and none of them make it past the first day of school, so by sending him home for the day, she is sending him home for the year. After the class explains that to her, she tried to tell Burris to sit back down which makes him very mad. Out of his rage he ends up calling Miss Caroline a "snot-nosed slut of a school teacher", making Miss Caroline cry and ending with Burris leaving the building. The rest of the class tries to comfort Miss Caroline which sort of works and we go on with the day learning.
Atticus and I On the Porch Swing

After Supper today Atticus asked me if I wanted to read with him. Without a word, I went to the from porch to be alone, but Atticus followed me to there. He asked me if there was anything wrong. I told him that I don't think I could go to school anymore and tried to convince him to teach me himself. When he denies my request I go on telling him that Miss Caroline doesn't want us to read together anymore because she claims he is teaching me wrong. He then makes a compromise with me. He told me If I went to school we could continue reading together just as long as I don't tell Miss Caroline we are doing so. I agreed to the terms and everything I alright for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment